Saturday 20 August 2011

I'm back

Hello,

Back from my holidays. Haven't heard anything from Schoolmat as yet, so no news as regards when DOSF will be back up but I guess it will be soon.

Looks like Mr Hacker has been playing games with an old iTunes account I used to have. About four years ago I created an American account and purchased $10 of USA vouchers to enable me to buy an album that I couldn't get here in the UK. Presumably our favourite retards managed to harvest some passwords and tried mine on the iTunes account that was attached to my email address, as whilst I was on holiday "somebody" purchased a $2 iPhone app using the remaining credit and tried to change my password.

Suffice to say I have reset my password (to something different, this time folks - yeah, I was daft using the same password for DOSF as I did for my iTunes account; ain't you clever, boys!) and set a DOB and other stuff... but frankly I don't know if it was worth the bother - the account had no attached credit cards, a fake address in Georgia, and a stupid fake name.

If this is the "serious ass fucking" that was promised, I can only offer you my sincere condolences - life with a quarter-inch penis must be very stressful and obviously won't help you find a girlfriend...

And now, some honesty - without any hint of the malicious baiting you've seen before. Give this up; it really doesn't make you look big or anything - it is just annoying. Go and do something amazing with your lives. Trying to fuck a silly little website like ours is pointless because in the end we'll get our website back up and running and you still won't have achieved anything amazing. There are more lulz to be had out there in the real world than there are sitting in front of your computer. Have some real fun. And leave us alone - unless you have a foot fetish and you want to give me my $2 back.



2 comments:

  1. so let me get this straight... you're saying the den was compromised because somebody out there was able to compromise one or more of your accounts out there which gave them moderator access to the den forum software?

    not sure which is worse, being hacked, or having the rest of our personal information vulnerable because of an irresponsibly weak link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you simple, or something, you ignorant little shit? That is completely the OPPOSITE of what happened. For the benefit of the terminally retarded, I will now re-iterate - in the simplest language possible, what happened - in order of occurrence.

    1. Den is hacked and knocked out by persons unknown.
    2. Den is down for a week.
    3. Den is back up again.
    4. Den is hacked again due to bug in forum software.
    5. Hackers spend about ten minutes writing nasty messages on the forum.
    6. Den is shut down - deliberately this time - pending a complete rebuild and software upgrade.

    The "personal information" the hackers have about you is as follows:

    a) The email address you used to sign up to DOSF.
    b) Your forum password.

    So, in a nutshell - all they can do is log on to the forum as you; and they can't even do *THAT* right now because I took down the fucking forum the minute I saw what was going on to prevent any account abuse!

    Irresponsibility? Weak link? Get fucked. I'd laugh if I hadn't spent so much time trying to clear up the mess, keep you all informed about progress, even interrupting my holiday to keep an eye on this forum... and what do we get? Some incompetent little wanker spouting off about how it's OUR (my) fault!

    This forum is operated at great personal expense - in terms of time as well as money - for your pleasure. In order to repair the damage done by the hack, upgraded software has been purchased (as in, with MONEY) and Schoolmat is now juggling a terrifying work schedule with completely rebuilding DOSF from the ground up.

    Quite apart from ALL OF THIS - the hackers ROBBED ME PERSONALLY (not you, ME) because I had an old iTunes account that I stupidly registered with the same username and password as my DOSF login. The iTunes account had no personal information attached to it; it was in a fake name at a fake address (well, it's a real address but I don't live there - my evil bitch ex-girlfriend does - or at least did in 2003) and had nothing even vaguely related to finance whatsoever - aside from a prepaid voucher worth TWO DOLLARS which the hackers used to purchase a crappy iPhone game off the App Store.

    The account wasn't my main account and I had completely forgot that it even existed until receiving an invoice from Apple detailing "my" latest purchase. My REAL iTunes account - with credit cards, personal details, address, full name, etc - is registered at a unique email address with a password not used anywhere else and consequently was not compromised.

    The iTunes account was insecure and easy to compromise - and so our intrepid hackers (probably about as intelligent as you are, on the whole) took the initiative, leveraged my six-years-ago laziness and used it to consume the remains of an iTunes voucher (to the value of precisely SIX MINUTES WORK at my day job) that I didn't even know I had in the first place.

    Is that perfectly clear now?

    ReplyDelete